Wednesday, August 31, 2011

sweats day + recipe

So today is sweats day! I have dressed up everytime I go ride in the combine with Austin and I get dirty everytime... so I decided to go in sweats this time! OH YA! :D We'll see how it works.


Now I know you are probably all sick of seeing and hearing about this Chicken Spaghetti stuff.... haha. But I have had people ask me for the recipe via comments, texts, in person. So... Here is the recipe!! :D

CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

inspired by Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti... But I like to put my own little twist on all foods I cook so they are a little different :)


This makes 3-4 servings. :)

You'll need...

2 chicken breasts

1/2 pound of spaghetti.. break in half.

1/2 an onion

1 can of cream of chicken soup (or if you like mushrooms you can try cream of mushroom, but I used chicken.)

2 cups of cheese (you can use just cheddar, but I used cheddar, mozarella, and monterey jack and just grated each until I had 2 cups total.)

1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt, such as Johnny's or Lawry's... I just sprinkled it in and guessed how much 1/2 teaspoon was.

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to taste.... Again I just guessed. :)

Optional:

pimientos, green bell pepper... I didn't use them but if you'd like to you can. :)


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Add chicken to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is cooked. about 25-30 minutes.

3. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool on plate. Remove 1 cup of broth from the pot and set aside.

4. Bring the remaining broth to a biol and add spaghetti. Cook it good, then drain the spaghetti and set aside.

5. shred or cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Then finely dice the onions.

6. Place cooked spaghetti in a large bowl. Add the cream of chicken soup, then add half the cheese, then add the onions and if you chose to have the optional stuff, put them in too.

7. Add the seasonings.

8. Finally add the chicken and broth. Stir together well then taste to check seasonings.

9. Pour the mixture into a baking dish (I used the corningware stuff.) and top with the reamaining cheese.

10. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until bubbly....

AND BAM!!! There you have it!

Chicken Spaghetti!

If you try it, comment or email me and let me know how it went! :D


Have a great day!


*Aubree*


P.S. Another funny story today really quick. Last night Austin and I were looking up a book on his phone and when we were done I was like, "Austin where do you want me to put your phone?" So he was like oh just throw it on the ground....

So.. what would you think that meant??

Well I threw it on the floor alright and it made this huge THUD... haha.

But we had the lights off so we didn't know where it went, but I just started laughing and he was like, "WOW you definitely threw that on the floor. I'm suprised you didn't put a hole in the wall..." hhahahaha.

It was really funny :)

We both were laughing.

K sorry that was random, but I thought it would make you laugh! :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...