Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baked Scones... Say what??

Yes you heard me right! :)

I made baked scones! :) They are delicious!!

(credit goes to Poineer Woman Cookbook and the Secret Recipes Worldwide Ward Cookbook but I add my own little twist)

I'm gonna let you in on this lovely secret!!

You won't regret making these bad boys! :D

Here are pretty much all the supplies you'll need.


And this recipe makes 8 scones but I halfed it to make 4. :)

The glaze though last for 12 scones. :)

But you won't want to half that recipe because it is some good glaze! :)


Here is what you need:

3 cups flour

1/3 cup sugar

5 teaspoons of baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 sticks of butter, chilled

1 large egg

3/4 cup heavy cream


Now the instructions....

First you'll need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


Next stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.


Third you cut the cold butter into small pieces and cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles crumbs.

I don't have a sweet cutter thing so I used a knife and wisk. :)


Next in a small bowl mix the egg and cream together.

Then add to the large bowl mixture. Stir until just combined.


Turn the mixture onto a cutting board.

With your hands push the mixture together into a large ball, but to not knead or press too much! :)


Then with a rolling pin, very gently roll the dough into a 10-inch round about 3/4 inch thick.


With a knife cut into 8 equal peices. :)


Spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray (I used pam).

Then transfer the pieces onto the baking sheet.


Bake the scones for 22 minutes or until they're just barely starting to brown.


Allow the scones to cool before putting the glaze on.


Now for the glaze recipe.

I made a Vanilla glaze

You'll need:

2 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla or if you want to make a different flavor glaze you can put almond extract or maple :)

And I used Vanilla that I bought in Mexico because it's the best!! :)


Wisk all the ingredients together and pour over your scones. AND ENJOY! OH YA! :)


Now for what I did.

So I was thinking.. "Oh there's no such thing as baked scones. I'll just fry them."

So I cut it into 4 pieces and pushed the first triangle into a circle.


I got the frying pan ready.

I stuck the scone into the frying pan and this is what happened!!!

Don't fry the scones in this recipe! You will be hating life if you do! haha. :)

So I had 3 scones left so I put them on the pan and baked them.

Pulled them out of the oven after the 22 minutes was up and vwalah:


Yum to my Tum!! :)
Then I poured the glaze over the scone! :)


It has saran wrap over it because I was taking it to a neighbor. haha. :)



Don't they look DELICIOUS!?!?

Oh man they are!

They reminded me so much of a toaster strudle that I decided I am going to make them again sometime and put filling in the middle and see how that works!! :)

I'll let you know how it goes..

or if you try it before me... let me know how it goes! :)


Happy Baking!


*Aubree*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...