Thursday, September 15, 2011

July 19, 2011... Elder Furrows.

So July 19th (I know that was forever ago. haha) my brother left to serve the Lord.

He was called to the Vitoria, Brazil Mission.. and let me just tell you.. HE. LOVES. IT!

He is doing SO SO SO good and he LOVES the rice and Beans! haha. He loves Brazil and he most importantly loves the Lord. He is such a great example to all boys who are planning on going on missions, actually... I take that back! He is a great example to ALL boys PERIOD! haha.

He is the best older brother ANYONE could ask for! I love him and am so proud of his choices! :)

He always has such great experiences and advice to share. He watches out for all of us! :)

My little brother Rusten is turning twelve on Tuesday, so Andy wrote him a letter and told him how important the priesthood was and that he shouldn't take it lightly. It was a really good letter! :)

Well anyways... let's go back to the lovely day of July 19th.


To celebrate his great choice.. the Saturday before we went bowling and ate at our FAVORITE place EVER!! WINGER'S! :D


Then the day came!

It was EARLY in the morn.. haha.


Hence the reason I'm not ready for the day! hahaha.

Andy loves his sister... and his mom :) haha.


We were headed off! To the IF airport we go!


And we arrived!


We talked for a while, took some picture with the siblings and then the whole family (all that came.)


And then we said our goodbye's.

Of course I cried!

DANG IT!

I didn't think I was going to.

We just hugged and cried with each other. ha. Same as my wedding day! He cried so I cried... that day in the airport, I cried so he cried.. haha.

And him and I are close and so I was gonna miss him and they were also tears of joy for how proud of him I was! :)

Then he left to go through security and get on the plane.

Then he flew down to Utah and had a delay, so he took a trip to the doctor to check up on his hand that he broke the day before my wedding. ha. And everything was good so he was off!

He arrived in Sao Paulo (I don't know how to spell that.. haha.) and he has loved it since he arrived! :D

He said, "I will not be coming home for any girls. The only girl that would talk me into coming home is my mom and that's not going to happen!" hahahaha. It was something close to that... hahaha. SO SO SO FUNNY! :D

He goes into the field on September 20th! :)

Have a great day!

*Aubree*

P.S. Today I was on FB and I looked on the side and it said, "On This Day in 2010....Aubree Egbert: 20 months and 1 day down! :) A day less than 4 months to go! :) I am so EXCITED! :)"

haha. That was when Austin was on his mission! :) ha. .... speaking of missions! haha. :)

It's crazy how time flies!

A year ago from today Austin had 4 months left of his mission.

8 years ago from today my dad was killed in a car accident.

He would be so proud of Andy! Acutally, he probably is proud of him and watching over him! :D

TIME FLIES!

And it's crazy to think about how things work out in your life.

If my dad was still alive, I would probably still live in Rigby and I probably wouldn't have met Austin and I wouldn't know what having a step family was like, and I probably wouldn't have relied on the Lord as much as I do. I am so glad I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that I know about the Plan of Salvation, and that I know that I can rely on the Lord to help me get through stuggles and hard times (trials) in my life! :)

I am thankful that I had the opportunity to meet Austin and I took that opportunity! :)

I am so thankful that Austin served a mission for our church!

I am so thankful that I have a loving, caring husband!

I am so thankful that I have a great family, my family and my new family!! :D

Marrying Austin was the best decision I have ever made in my life!

I love being married and now I can't even imagine not being married! IT'S THE BEST! :D

Ok... I am done.. hahaha. I won't be all mushy anymore! Well.. for this post. :)

1 comment:

ashley mikell said...

What a great post. I loved reading this!! It's so true how good and bad things affect our lives. I always tell Jordan I wish we would have hung out in high school. What were we thinking. But if we had we never would have gotten married. It's amazing how everything always works out when you are doing what's right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...