Friday, June 28, 2013

Lately...

So for Father's Day we celebrated with Austin's family, and we got to play with cute little Ellie!! It was so fun! :) 
K seriously... If you guys saw how much yard work I have done you would be wondering how there is even any trees and bushes left and how there were so many weeds!! hahaha. When we moved in, everything was SO overgrown I was wondering if we would ever get it under control. Well finally after 2 years of hacking branches off, I am almost done getting the bushes and trees back to not overgrown!! Then it will just be maintenance yard work! That is going to be so nice!! :) These pictures do NO justice to how much branches I hacked off!! hahaha. But you can see from all the piles of branches, it was a crazy job!
Last weekend there was a plane crash in Idaho Falls! My heart broke for the families when I heard about it.
Sunday we went to Blackfoot to see Blake and Alex's new house! It is SO pretty!! :) We had dinner there so I made these candied cinnamon nuts for my salad, and I have TONS leftover!! So if anyone wants some, just let me know and I will gladly bring you some! haha. :)
Oh Ellie is just so cute!! Even if she doesn't let anyone but her mom or dad hold her the majority of the time! haha. :) Here is a cute little video of her!! :)
So I was doing laundry and it was a load of Austin's work clothes... well I had chicken cooking and so I was hurrying to get it all in before I burnt the chicken. Well I didn't check the pockets, and of course the one time I don't check his pockets there were 2 pens in there and they exploded in the wash and the one in this picture broke in half and exploded and Austin had been looking for it for a while, turns out they were in his pants pocket. haha. Luckily I had it on super wash, so pen didn't get on anything! :)
And some more yard work.... Which obviously from this picture you can see I'm not done, but I am getting there! haha. But one of the bushes in this picture now looks way different cause I took the picture before I hacked the bush. haha. It looks SO much better now though, and I can actually mow the lawn and get all the grass now! :)
I have been trying to make different meals than I normally do and one night I was craving pizza, but I didn't have pizza sauce, and so I was on the internet seeing what was out there when I saw a recipe for pizza quesadillas, and then I saw a recipe for BBQ chicken pizza!!! Well I decided to combine the two and made BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with pepperjack cheese! They are probably one of the easiest yummiest things ever!!!! All you do is throw chicken with BBQ sauce all over it in the oven for 20 minutes and then shred it and stick it on the flour taco shell and grate cheese over it and then put a flour taco shell on top, stick it on your quesadilla maker, once it is done you ENJOY it!!! SO good!! :)
So I am in the 3rd trimester as of yesterday!! I am 28 weeks!!! Yesterday how I said I had a dr. appt and took the glucose and hemoglobin test and passed the hemoglobin test with flying colors, but failed the glucose test... well today I went into the dr. office to get a 3 hour glucose test done. I had to go in fasting and they pricked my finger, tested my blood and I passed that one, and then gave me another drink to drink. It was half the size of the one the day before and had like double the sugar!! It was pretty gross!! haha. Well then I walked to the post office and then back to the doctors office an hour later and got my finger pricked again. I passed so I had to wait another hour and they said if I passed the next one I wouldn't have to come back for the last one, but if I didn't pass then I would, so an hour went by and I went back and the pricked my finger and I passed!!!!! AHHHHH!!! I was so excited when they told me I passed!!! No gestational diabetes for me!! WOOHOO!! And while I was in there, there was another girl having to do the same thing as me and as I talked to her I found out she is due the exact same day as me!!! hahaha. :) 
Anyway.... I am so glad I don't have G.D. and I am glad that I have had a great and pretty easy pregnancy! As I was talking to the girl that was also in there, she was saying how she has like all day sickness and it has lasted her whole pregnancy so far!!!! Bleh... I am glad that I haven't gotten sick like the whole time, other than when I would switch prenatal vitamins, but now I know which ones work for me, so no more getting sick from that! :) haha. 
Well have a great weekend!! I honestly can't believe that it is already Friday!!!!! I am so excited for next week!! :) Our anniversary is Tuesday, my brother gets home from his mission on Wednesday, and 4th of July is Thursday!! :) haha. So I have a fun busy week ahead of me!! :) 
Have a great Friday!! :)
*Aubree*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...