Friday, May 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Today I decided to post a recipe! haha.
I haven't done it for a while and I want to start blogging more, so I am going to try to start taking pictures when I make things (food, clothes, crafts, etc.)! 
I hope you guys like it!! :)
So this is a banana bread recipe that I use ALL the time! 
And I usually just do banana bread, but Austin really wanted chocolate chips in it, so I put them in this time, and you can also put walnuts in, but I am kind of just a plain banana bread type of girl. haha.
But any way you make it is delish when you have this recipe! :)
It is out of a cookbook my mom and I made that has tons of family recipes in it! :)
Ok let's get started!

Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or walnuts
cinnamon sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
Grease your pan
Mix together the sugar and butter
Add eggs
Add bananas (I had 3 bananas, so I didn't measure out 1 1/2 cups, so it could be more or less, banana bread is forgiving. haha.) and water.
Beat for 30 seconds
Add flour
baking soda, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips (or walnuts, or you can skip this step completely)
Pour into the pan (you can either use 1 pan or a couple of those small ones, I've done both and it just kinda depends on if I want 1 loaf or a couple small ones!).
Grab your cinnamon sugar and sprinkle over the top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, depending on how your oven cooks.
Once you poke the bread with a toothpick and it comes out clean, take it out of the oven.
Transfer onto a cooling rack...
And ENJOY!!! :)
Have a great Friday night! 
*Aubree*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...