Friday, April 19, 2013

Food and Thoughts

No pictures today, but some fun news.. I am 18 weeks and my baby is the size of a bell pepper.. approximately 5 1/2 inches long from head to bum and is 7 ounces!! YAY!! :) Hopefully I will be able to feel this baby SOON!! I am getting SO anxious!! :) 
Speaking of my pregnancy.. I had been craving cinnamon rolls for a while, but I went to make them and I didn't really want to make mashed potatoes because my yummy recipe calls for them, and so I found a recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cake from my new cookbook I got for Easter! :) I made the cake and it was so good, but it didn't satisfy my craving for cinnamon rolls, so I gave some of the cake to a couple neighbors to leave us with only a couple pieces left, because I would have died if ate that whole cake to myself! hahaha. Well and Austin too. haha. So yesterday I made cinnamon rolls and only ate a bite sized piece to satisfy my craving and then I froze the other 3 1/2 dozens cinnamon rolls! hahaha. Ya now I will be stocked up on those yummy things until probably after I have my baby! haha. :)
Also from the cookbook I got I made sweet and sour chicken and it was seriously SO SO good!! And I made some steak fries from it too!! Oh man.. That cookbook was a good but dangerous gift! hahaha. :) 
Oh and for the mashed potatoes, I made Shepard's Pie and made extra mashed potatoes and then it was perfect for the cinnamon rolls. Because Aust refuses to eat instant mashed potatoes.. haha. He cracks me up, but I guess that is how a potato farmer would feel. haha. :)
So as you can tell, I have been pretty into food lately. haha. And I am still loving eggs in my pregnancy ha. Aust said the other day to me, "Man I am so glad you are done with school because I love when you make food like this and keep the house clean." :) He always knows how to make me feel good! 

Now onto another note, my heart breaks for everything that has happened lately, from the Boston Bombing, to the fertilizer explosion in Texas, to the sinkholes. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved and the families.
Since all of this has been happening, it has just made me so grateful for what I have been blessed with, and it makes me just want to make sure that all my family and friends knows how much I love them and how much they mean to me. I have been blessed with the most wonderful husband and our cute little baby which we find out what it is at the end of this month!! :) I am so grateful for my family, I have really been blessed in that part. I am grateful for this beautiful state I live in, and I am grateful for the wonderful people that I come in contact with from day to day. In the midst of all these sad events, we need to remember all those wonderful people that are helping others in these events. I am so grateful for all the selfless people in this country! It makes me sad to hear about these people that just have a change of heart and want to hurt others. I don't know what would cause them to want to hurt others, but it just shows that when there are people like that and they hurt others, the good come together and and become Christlike.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I will be BBQing with Aust, my sister-in-law Hailey, and her boyfriend! :)
*Aubree*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...